One of the most dangerous complications of prostatitis acute can become an abscess of the prostate. This uneven purulent inflammation, the body temperature can increase up to 40 degrees. The signs of the abscess are sharp and intense pain and difficulty urinating. In the absence of care develops the swelling of the glandular tissues and of the whole of the superposition of the light of the urethra.
Prostatitis is the most common pathology in urological in men of reproductive age. According to the data of the surveys, a third of them at least once in his life had the symptoms that can be interpreted as an inflammation of the prostate. The main cause of the development of prostatitis, a bacterial is an infection, but only in the case of prostatitis acute infection leads to a strong inflammation of the prostate, which explains the anatomical features of the structure of the male body.
When the chronic form of prostatitis is an infection may also be the cause of it, amorage of inflammation, but the inflammation of the prostate, requiring treatment, may develop on the background of other factors:
- a long hypothermia of a different kind: it may be like swimming in ice and cold of the stones and others;
- the lack of (sedentary) lifestyles, leading to a flow of blood, which can also cause inflammation;
- intermittent sex life: this applies to both excess and abstinence, the excessive activity;
- deferred urinary (urethritis, for example) or venereal diseases (the gonococcies, the chlamydias and other) of the disease: it is also possible to hidden the existence of these diseases result and is prostatitis;
- challenges with a chair (most often of chronic constipation);
- consumption acute, smoked and pickled foods, alcohol and certain other products may also cause an inflammation of the prostate
- other factors that lead to the violation of the immunity: excessive loads, multiple or long lasting stress.
In the case of a call to a urologist prostatitis acute bacterial can result in abscess formation, and a swelling of the prostate, which is able to not simply interfere with urination, but to make it completely impossible.
The last thing that inflammation can cause a serious intoxication of the organism, which is characterized, among other things, to the sharp elevation of temperature up to 40-41 °C (with high temperature fluctuations less than 1 degree).
However, the most often complications of this kind, manages to escape, because the manifestation of prostatitis, of this kind usually require the patient not to delay a visit to a specialist.
In the case of a chronic form of the disease, whose symptoms are not as pronounced, the development of complications, without due and timely treatment is quite possible. Without the drug, and the therapeutic effects of the inflammation can spread to other organs of the urinary system, which can result in the development:
- interstitial cystitis — the inflammation of the bladder;
- pyelonephritis — inflammation of kidneys;
- vesiculitis — inflammation of the seminal vesicles;
- inflammation of testes and epididymis.
It should not be forgotten that the inflammation of the epididymis and of the testicle is one of the most common complications and may become the cause of male infertility, which, in turn, is treated long, difficult, and not always with success, so the faster you start to treat prostatitis, more are the chances to avoid complications of this kind.
In some cases, the consequence of chronic prostatitis may become its passage in the calculous form. Prostatitis calculous is characterized by the formation of stones (small pebbles) in the generating channels of the gland, get rid of that drug, by the very.
In addition, the reason for prostatitis is regarded as a dysfunction insufficient production of sex hormones by the glands.
The development of prostatitis contributes to a number of reasons. Very often, the signs of prostatitis occur in men who lead irregular sexual life, often fall victim to hypothermia and injury.
In addition, the prostatitis can develop as a consequence of the decrease in immunity, deterioration of the blood circulation and the lymph in the pelvic organs of men, as the result of a hormonal dysfunction, which causes a certain level of rugrats failure.
A contributing factor in the manifestation of prostatitis, is also considered a number of infections that are sexually transmitted. Therefore, prostatitis frequently occurs in men after a sexual relation not protected.
There are 4 basic forms of prostatitis: prostatitis acute bacterial, chronic prostatitis, bacterial and non-bacterial prostatitis and prostatodynia.
In people under 35 years of age, the disease is usually in the form of prostatitis acute bacterial. Prostatitis bacterial call it then, when there was laboratory confirmation of the presence of the infection.
Most often, this proves to be chlamydia, trichomoniasis, gardnerellez, or gonorrhea. The infection gets into the prostate, urethra, bladder, rectum, blood vessels and lymph vessels of the pelvis.
However, recent studies show that in most cases, the infection after existing abnormalities in tissue structure of the prostate and blood circulation in it. When the non-prostatitis bacterial select the bacteria can not, although this does not exclude their presence.
In older patients most often to diagnose chronic forms of the disease. Prostatodynia, is the covenant called for the existence of the clinical picture of prostatitis, tightness of the prostate tissue, without any signs of its inflammation.
According to the criteria of the American National Institute of health (NIH-USA) from 1995 there are four categories of prostatitis:
- Acute (bacterial) prostatitis
- Prostatitis chronic bacterial
- Chronic non-bacterial prostatitis/syndrome of chronic pelvic pain (CP / CPPS)
- Inflammatory chronic pelvic pain syndrome (cpps (in the secret of the prostate, the urine and the ejaculate are determined by the leukocytes)
- Non-inflammatory chronic pelvic pain syndrome (cpps, where the signs of inflammation are missing
- Asymptomatic chronic prostatitis
At the present time adopted the international classification of prostatitis, is the most complete and covering all types of inflammation:
- Category I prostatitis Acute;
- Category II. Chronic prostatitis-bacterial;
- Category III. Non-prostatitis bacterial chronic/syndrome of chronic pelvic pain is a disease that is not an infection that lasts more than 3 months;
- Category III A. the Syndrome, chronic inflammatory pelvic pain (in the secret of the prostate are determined by leukocytes);
Sub-type III B. the chronic Syndrome non-inflammatory pelvic pain (in the secret of the prostate lack the leukocytes);
- Category IV. Asymptomatic flowing chronic prostatitis (in the secret of the prostate are present leukocytes, the patient's complaints do not, the disease is detected by chance).
The treatment of prostatitis varies depending on the form of the disease is the case among men. Thus, the prostatitis bacterial may occur in the acute and chronic form of the disease.
Quite often diagnosed also non-bacterial prostatitis, which flows like a chronic disease. This kind of prostatitis is also called the syndrome of chronic pelvic pain.
In these patients, we observe all the specifications for the symptoms of prostatitis, but in the secret of the prostate gland are absent in the bacteria.
For the prostatitis acute bacterial characteristic rapid development. The man suffers from pain, are present signs of intoxication. A lot less vivid symptoms of the chronic form of the disease. In this case, the disease manifests gradually.
And if during the prostatitis acute, usually, ends with a cure disease, while the chronic prostatitis relapses occur quite often. You must take it into account during the treatment of prostatitis at home. In addition, when the inflammation of stones in the prostate gland the treatment of diseases is a more complex process.
When the non-prostatitis bacterial (of the chronic pelvic pain) in humans develop severe pain that is localized in the pelvic area, the genitals, the perineum. The signs of inflammation of the prostate does not detect it.
This disease is widespread among men of different age groups, but most often the disease affects people of 35 to 45 years of age. Until today, the specialists give a few hypotheses on the causes of this form of prostatitis.
Thus, there is a theory that this syndrome causes a lesion in the prostate tissue of nature. In addition, it is estimated that the disease occurs because of the penetration of the urine into the prostate.
As we have already said, may be acute and chronic disease. During this emergence of prostatitis acute is most often caused gram-negative bacteria.
This form of the disease is relatively easy to diagnose and treat with antibiotics. At the same time, among men it is most common of the chronic non-bacterial prostatitis, which are more difficult to diagnose and has no link with a defeat of an infectious nature.
Therefore, in the case of chronic prostatitis antibiotic treatment is not able to give a useful effect. According to statistics, chronic prostatitis suffer approximately 35% of men over the fifty-year-old age.
The treatment of chronic and acute prostatitis
In case of emergence of signs of acute prostatitis and chronic, it would rather be necessary to speak to a doctor urologist, who determines what is the diagnosis, but also help you to cure a disease, and strengthen the body in general. It must be remembered that it is in the same measure applies to both types of prostatitis, each of which can bring its complications.
Reception primary specialist involves a questionnaire and physical examination of the patient (including rectally, allows to determine the degree and the nature of the enlargement of the prostate gland), as well as the appointment of the necessary examinations and other diagnostic measures.
The first and an important sign of prostatitis is considered as abnormal urination, causing discomfort. Another sign of the disease is increased urination, but the urine comes out in small portions.
The symptoms of the acute form of the disease
The disease is formed suddenly, and is characterized by a marked by protests.
- frequent pain in urination;
- the pain during defecation;
- damaged power;
- the pain in the groin, in the area of the sacrum and anus;
- high sweating;
Each man's body is different, and the symptoms may appear individually or all at once.
The signs of a chronic form of the disease
Chronic prostatitis is typically characterized by the same signs, but less marked similar symptoms.
In addition, he can observe the events:
- the feeling of infinity request for information to the bladder;
- degradation of the quality or lack of orgasm;
- the selection during defecation from the urethra.
The first signs of prostatitis, to which man must necessarily be careful and consult a urologist:
- Severe pain during urination. During the process of felt the unpleasant sensation of burning.
- The increase of the temperature of the body.
- The feeling is not completely empty the bladder.
- The discomfort in the region of the perineum and the groin.
- Lack the spray when visiting the toilet.
The treatment of prostatitis is made on the basis of the form of the disease. Acute inflammation is an indication of hospitalization in the urology in the hospital, in the chronic patients under treatment in the house. If the cause of the disease served as a infection sexually transmitted, assigned to antibiotics should take the two partners.
In the treatment of prostatitis is important in the immediate execution of this antibacterial treatment.
The major groups of drugs are:
- Antibiotics. Used in the form of tablets, capsules, candles, syrups and other types.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Spazmolitiki and analgesics.
- Drugs to enhance immunity.
- Medication anti-stress.
This procedure is one of the most effective methods for the treatment of prostatitis. Thanks to it, accumulated in the prostate gland, the secret is in a hurry to him, and then he appears through the urethra. In addition to this, the massage of the prostate contributes to the improvement of the blood irrigation of the tissues of the thyroid gland, which increases the effectiveness of antibacterial and local treatment.
Physiotherapy contributes to the improvement of the trophic tissue of the prostate and accelerate the healing process. It is possible to apply the methods of physiotherapy:
- transrectal microwave hyperthermia,
- laser therapy
- ultrasound phonophorèse.
The main symptoms of the disease
This disease such as prostatitis in men often develops suddenly. The patient sharply increases the temperature, a feeling of weakness, fever. The main characteristic of inflammation of the prostate is an intense pain in the perineum, says in the pubic area, anus, sacrum. During urination, defecation and any other tension of the pelvic muscles of the pain intensifies.