One of the most common diseases in men, prostatitis, occurs for various reasons. Without proper treatment, the disease can lead to serious complications such as chronic prostatitis, sexual dysfunction, impotence and infertility. To achieve the maximum therapeutic effect, complex treatment of inflammatory pathology of the prostate is carried out. Various pills for prostatitis have a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, analgesic, antispasmodic and immunomodulatory effect.
Indications for the use of tablets for prostatitis
Medicines for the treatment of prostatitis in men are prescribed by a doctor after examinations, taking into account the cause and the causative agent of the disease. In particularly advanced and severe cases, when it is impossible to identify the causative agent of the pathology or there is no time for this, the specialist prescribes drugs of a wide spectrum of activity, which significantly increases the patient's chances of recovery.
Pills for prostatitis in men are prescribed in the following cases:
- An acute infectious form of pathology, provoked by pathogenic strains of microbes, for example, Klebsiella, Escherichia coli, enterococci, Pseudomonas, Proteus.
- Prostatitis in the presence of concomitant genital infections.
- The chronic microbial form of the disease usually develops against the background of inflammatory processes provoked by ureaplasma, chlamydia and mycoplasma.
- A tablet for prostatitis with a latent course of the disease is also needed. Despite the absence of clinical symptoms, latent treatment of the disease often leads to complications, which are much more difficult to treat than the underlying disease. Latent therapy is a good prevention of such consequences of the disease as impotence and infertility.
- To treat non-infectious prostatitis, the doctor must prescribe symptomatic pills.
Pills for prostatitis: a list of drugs
All cheap and effective pills for prostatitis can be divided into 3 large groups:
- Etiotropic drugs. These are antibiotics that must be taken to eliminate the root cause of the pathology - infection.
- Pathogenetic drugs are designed to eliminate inflammation in the organ and reduce the severity of congestion.
- The list of pills for prostatitis includes symptomatic drugs prescribed to eliminate the unpleasant manifestations of the disease.
Important!Effective treatment of pathology is possible only with an integrated approach and the use of drugs of all the listed groups, since it is important not only to eliminate the symptoms, but also to eliminate the cause of the disease.
By listing the pills for prostatitis in men, the list begins with antibacterial drugs, which are the basis for the treatment of pathology of infectious origin. At the pharmacy, you can buy various antibiotics and use them according to the instructions, but this should only be done as directed by a doctor.
In the treatment of prostatitis, antibiotics of the following groups are usually used:
- The most effective antibacterial agents for prostatitis are drugs from the group of fluoroquinolones.
- In case of intolerance to fluoroquinolones and the presence of chronic pathologies of the internal organs, protected penicillins are prescribed. The effectiveness of these drugs is slightly less.
- Macrolides should be referred to the number of reserve antibiotics. They are prescribed only if the drugs of the two groups listed above cannot be used due to contraindications. Macrolides are easy to take, since you only need to take the pills once a day.
The duration of antibiotic treatment is determined by the doctor and on average 7-14 days. In the acute form, these drugs are taken for 10-14 days, and in the chronic form, on average, 7-10 days. In case of an acute inflammatory process and a severe condition of the patient, it is recommended to administer antibiotics intramuscularly.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
With this pathology, anti-inflammatory drugs are usually prescribed to reduce swelling, inflammation and pain. These drugs are divided into two groups, steroid and non-steroidal. The latter are necessarily prescribed in the standard treatment algorithm, since they have the required effectiveness.
NSAIDs are usually taken in the acute phase of the disease for at least five days. With extreme caution, they should be used for duodenitis, gastritis and ulcerative pathology.
These drugs have not only immunostimulating, but also antiviral effects. They are divided into 3 groups:
When listing inexpensive and effective prostatitis pills, alpha blockers are worth mentioning. These are drugs that bind smooth muscle receptors, reduce their spasm, thereby facilitating the outflow of urine.
Attention!To achieve a lasting result in the presence of prostatitis, adrenergic blockers are used for long courses from six months to a year.
Antispasmodics and muscle relaxants are prescribed as pain relievers. They relax the smooth muscles of the organ, improve blood microcirculation, normalize the outflow of secretions and eliminate pain. As a rule, the doctor prescribes antispasmodics.
Muscle relaxants act as pain relievers by relaxing the muscles of the perineum, urethra and urethra. They not only eliminate pain, but also improve urination. The duration of treatment is from ten days to a month.
Herbal remedies and homeopathy
Homeopathic medicines are usually used not only for treatment, but also as pills for the prevention of prostatitis.
These drugs are usually taken in long courses of several months. These drugs are most effective in the treatment of pathology in acute and chronic form when used in combination with pathogenetic, etiotropic and symptomatic drugs.